The webinar series kicked off last Tuesday and the first part was a huge success. My colleague Nick Hampson and I got the modernization ball rolling nicely in the first part of the Webinar, giving you a look at modernization planning and start-up. I’d like to thank everyone who attended and hope you all learned something of value. Next, Trevor Perry and I are going to take you on the journey itself, discussing techniques for IBM i database, application and user interface modernization. It’ll be a Fresche look at Modernizing your UI, Applications and Database.
Part two is going to be just as fun and informative. The session will show you how simple modernization projects can provide various incremental and ongoing benefits at a variety of levels. Among other things, you’ll learn how to:
- Automatically derive and document your relational data model
- Quickly analyze, understand and document the impact of change to a program, file or field
- Understand and analyze program metrics
- Identify and extract complex business rules.
In addition, we’ll be looking at ways to score some quick and valuable modernization wins by giving your applications a new UI. We’ll take a close look at the newlook 10 IDE advanced development environment for IBM i. In addition, we’ll see how you can:
- Use RPG to develop modern graphical IBM i applications running in a rich client, browser or on mobile devices
- Design new screens with controls, rulers, guides and properties
- Take advantage of simple and easy automated GUI enablement of existing RPG applications.
I’m very much looking forward to the presentation. It’s on Tuesday, December 9, and if you haven’t already registered, you can do so here.
Hope to see you there!
VP Corporate Strategy - Fresche Legacy